Choosing the right Aged Care Home for yourself or a loved one is an emotional experience. The process is riddled with pitfalls, the fees are confusing and it’s one of these decisions you really don’t want to get wrong. So it’s good to know you can have an Aged Care Home placement expert on your side who can provide independent advice.
If you or a loved one must move into an Aged Care Home, talk to CareAbout about finding the right support to guide you through the often daunting process.
CareAbout Aged Care Home placement Advocates are experienced professionals who work for your family. CareAbout Aged Care Home placement advocates do not work for any Aged Care Home or receive any money or commissions from Aged Care Homes. They work for you.
CareAbout Advocates work to get the best outcome for your loved one by:
- acting as an independent expert working on behalf of your family
- guiding you through the confusing maze of aged care
- negotiating fees on your behalf
- assisting in the completion of paperwork.
The five-step Aged Care Home placement process
CareAbout’s advocacy service includes five important steps.
1. Understand the needs of the care recipient
Your Aged Care Home placement Advocate will get a detailed understanding of your loved one. What are their needs, what do they want and what will make them happy and comfortable? Using this they will provide you a short-list of homes with vacancies.
2. Explains the options in clear, easy-to-understand language
Aged care is confusing! YourAged Care Home placement Advocate will help you compare services and facilities and explain your options in language you can understand.
3. Tour homes with you
YourAged Care Home placement Advocate will tour homes with you and your family and ask all the tricky questions you may not have considered. They can help you prepare a tailored checklist before you start your tours. While it may be the first time you have entered the world of Aged Care Homes, your Advocate has a great deal of experience and will ensure you get the answers you need.
4. Help negotiate the fees and save you money
A CareAbout Aged Care Home placement advocate will negotiate the fees. Whether it’s the room rate or government fees, we routinely save customers thousands.
5. Assist in the completion of paperwork
And once you’ve made your choice, there’s the admissions, applications and required paperwork. An Advocate can’t complete the paperwork for you, but they can guide you through it.
Why do I need an Aged Care Home placement Advocate?
Not everyone needs an Aged Care Home placement Advocate to help them find the right Aged Care Home. But if you answer ‘Yes’ to one or more of the following questions, then you should at least consider using an Advocate.
- Is this the first time you have looked for an Aged Care Home?
- Are you confused about the types and amounts of fees charged by Aged Care Homes?
- Are you considering the need to sell the family home to enter an Aged Care Home?
- Have you spoken to Aged Care Homes but received conflicting or unclear responses to your questions?
- Do you want to make sure that you or your loved one receives the best quality care for their needs, within their budget?