If you’re still waiting for your Home Care Package, it’s time to think of how you can best use your Home Care Package funds to meet your needs so here’s how.
What you can use your Home Care Package funds for
You can access almost anything you need from your Home Care Package funds to keep you safely living at home.
- Cleaning (including window cleaning and Spring Cleaning)
- Home maintenance and modifications
- Housekeeping (such as bedlinen changes, washing, hanging out clothes and putting them away)
- Supportive technologies such as an iPad to keep you connected to your loved one’s or therapeutic pillows or chairs
- Transport to appointments
- Nursing services
- Company at home or home respite for a carer
and the list goes on. It all depends on your needs.
So where to start?
It’s a good idea to start with your ‘must haves’ or covering any services you may be receiving through the Council. You need to be realistic about what hours are available in your Package and what your goals are.
Below is a sample of how many people choose to use their Level 2 Package.
Example of a Level 2 Package
Gardening – 1 hour every 6 weeks
- Lawn mowing
Home respite – 1 hour
- Walk the dog or have a cup of tea and a chat
Cleaning and house-keeping – 2 hours
- Washing floors
- Cleaning bathroom & toilets
- Cleaning kitchen
- Changing bedlinen
- Putting on a load of washing
- Haning out washing
Remember you are in control of your funds and can direct them to any services you need.
To Find A Quality Home Care Package Provider Speak To An Expert At CareAbout.
Contact Us On 1300 036 028 Or Contact Us Here