If you have a Home Care Package, this is good news! As of July 1, you’ll see some extra funding in your Home Care Package. The increase is 1.7%, which isn’t huge, but it’s keeping up with inflation to ensure you don’t miss out on any hours of care.
Aged Care workers have also recently had an increase in their award rate, meaning your well-deserving carers are getting a slight boost in their pay.
The new Home Care Package amounts
From July 1, the following amounts are allocated to Home Care Package customers:
Level 1 Home Care Package
- $9,180 per year
- Approximately 4 hours of care per fortnight
- An increase of $154 from last year
Level 2 Home Care Package
- $16,149 per year
- Approximately 8 hours of care every fortnight
- An increase of $272 compared to last year
Level 3 Home Care Package
- $35,139 per year
- Around 14 hours of care per fortnight
- An increase of $589 from last year
Level 4 Home Care Package
- $53,268 per year
- Around 30 hours of care per fortnight
- An increase of $891 from last year
Are you receiving a cognition supplement?
There’s good news here too! For people living with a dementia-related condition, the cognition supplement payment has also increased, which means you’ll have even more added to your Home Care funds. The new cognition supplement rates are:
- If you have a level 1 Home Care Package, the cognition supplement has increased to $1054.89 per year
- If you have a level 2 Home Care Package, the cognition supplement has increased to $1857.85 per year
- If you have a level 3 Home Care Package, the cognition supplement is now $4040.55 per year
- If you have a level 4 Home Care Package, the cognition supplement is $6157.55 per year
An increase in aged care workers’ pay
Your care workers have also had an increase in their award wage. This is great news! Your care workers will hopefully now feel valued, supported and more fulfilled in their roles!
Unspent funds in Home Care have risen to $1.7 billion dollars! That’s an average of $9,906 per Package. The impact of COVID-19 has meant that people have been able to utitlise their Home Care Packages less, however many Home Care Package customers are saving up their funds for a ‘rainy day’.
We recommend that you use all of the funding allocated to you to ensure you’re getting the consistent care and support that you need. Having regular help means that you’ll stay healthier and stronger for longer, so make sure you’re not forgoing any support that you need in order to save it for later.
Do you need help to get the most out of your Home Care Package?
If you’re not utilising your Home Care Package, have a chat to one of our expert Advisers and see how we can help you to optimise your Home Care.