How to be assessed for an Aged Care Home subsidy?

To be assessed for an Aged Care Home government subsidy, you first need to register for an assessment with My Aged Care. This assessment is done by a local assessor from an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT), and will look at what type of government-funded services are most suited to your needs, and that you might be eligible for.

Options include:

  • a Home Care Package,
  • residential care in an Aged Care Home,
  • residential respite care,
  • short-term restorative care,
  • transition care, and/or
  • other services that you need.
View All FAQs