Your NDIS path starts here
Explain the NDIS
Understand your needs
Recommend Reliable NDIS Providers
We have helped families like yours
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is NDIS means tested?
The NDIS is not means tested and will not affect other income support participants receive, such as a Disability Support Pension or Carers Allowance. Funds allocated to participants are meant for reasonable and necessary support that are required by participants to live an ordinary life.
- What will the NDIS fund?
The NDIS is intended to provide reasonable and necessary supports and services to eligible participants, and these could cover a number of areas of a person’s life. When assessing each participant, the NDIS is guided by the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 (NDIS Act) and the rules made under the NDIS Act in determining what would be considered reasonable and necessary. Some types of supports they could consider include:
- certain daily personal activities,
- transport enabling participation in community, social, economic and daily life activities,
- workplace assistance that would allow a participant to become or stay employed,
- therapeutic supports, including behaviour support,
- assistance with household tasks that would enable participants to maintain their home environment,
- home and/or vehicle modifications, and
- mobility equipment and assistive technology.
In all instances the supports must relate to a participant’s disability and it can be demonstrated are likely to be beneficial and effective to the participant.