Terms and Conditions
2. Third party products
- 2.1 You can apply for a number of different products and services via this Website. These products and services are not provided by us but are instead provided by third parties over whom we do not have control. While CareAbout has taken steps to ensure that any provider of such products or services is suitably qualified, skilled and trained, CareAbout does not make any representation or warranty about the training, skill, experience or qualifications of these third party providers. You acknowledge that information supplied to CareAbout by third party providers about their training skill, experience or qualifications may include omissions, inaccuracies or other errors, for which CareAbout is not responsible. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that you wish to obtain any product or service before doing so. Before making a decision to purchase a product, you should consult the relevant product documents. The presence of a product or service on this Website does not constitute an endorsement by us of the provider, the product or service, the content of the provider’s website, or the activities of the provider.
- 2.2 All prices are quoted in Australian dollars.
- 2.3 To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage you or any third party may suffer or incur in connection with any third party product or service you obtain through use of this Website or for any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any third party in connection with that product or service.
- 2.4 This Website contains statements regarding the terms of the products and services, including features and inclusions. Some of these statements are generalised to give you a summary of the products or services being compared or offered. However, not all products and services are the same and you should confirm the exact terms of any product or service that you intend to purchase prior to purchasing that product or service. The product and service information supplied on the website is available only to Australian residents. Third party information available on or through the Website is not created, supplied, vetted, maintained or operated by CareAbout and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, CareAbout does not represent or warrant that such third party information is accurate, complete, adequate, timely, valid, suitable or legal.
- 2.5 By submitting your personal details through this Website, you are able to make an offer to obtain a product or service from a third party provider. That offer may be accepted or rejected by the relevant third party provider. The contract for the provision of the product or service will only be concluded once your offer has been accepted by the relevant third party provider. No party has any obligation to provide you with products or services until your offer has been accepted. If your offer is accepted then the product or service will be provided to you by the third party provider, subject to the third party provider’s terms and conditions. You will receive written confirmation if your offer has been accepted.
4. Permitted use
- 4.2 You are not permitted to do anything that may affect the security of this Website or any information or material stored within it.
- 4.3 You agree not to:
(a) use any automated tool (such as a spider, robot or aggregation tool) to access, copy or extract any information on this Website;
(c) use any method or process (including data scraping, collection or accumulation tool, robot, spider or scripted responses) for the purpose of obtaining, processing, copying, replicating, distributing, reconfiguring, republishing, viewing, assessing, analysing, modifying or repackaging any Website content;
(d) use any method or process to consolidate or combine any Website content with any other content, data, information, images or material;
(e) reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to construct or identify this Website’s source code, formulas or processes;
(f) use systematic, repetitive or any other methods which are designed to obtain a large number of quotes, comparisons, rankings or other pricing and related information from this Website;
(g) use, obtain or attempt to obtain from this Website, information in order to identify or discover pricing, underwriting, rating and related business methodology or systems; or
(h) post, distribute or send any ‘spamming material’ or any other form of bulk communication.
- 4.4 You are not permitted to use this Website in any unlawful or fraudulent manner.
- 4.5 You agree that if you provide any information on this Website, that information will be true, accurate and complete. The provision of inaccurate or incomplete information by you may reduce the effectiveness or accuracy of the products and services provided on this Website.
5. The CareAbout service
- 5.1 We provide a service on this Website which enables you to research and compare a range of in-home aged care and residential care products and services, all of which are provided by third parties.
- 5.2 You understand that CareAbout only presents Care at Home options from its participating providers.
- 5.2 Our comparison service is free for you to use. We receive payment from the third party product and service providers when you use our service to purchase products or services from them.
- 5.3 By choosing to purchase the products or services offered on the Website, you will be required to pay fees to third party provider(s). That purchase will be subject to the third party provider’s terms and conditions.
6. Intellectual property rights
- 6.1 The word or mark “CareAbout” however represented, all associated logos and symbols, and any combinations with another word or mark, are the trademarks of CareAbout.
- 6.2 All intellectual property rights in any material or content contained in or accessible via this Website is either owned by CareAbout or has been licensed to us for use by us.
- 6.3 You will only make fair use of the trademarks on this Website and will not use them:
(a) as part of your own marks;
(b) in a manner which is likely to cause confusion or damage to the reputation of CareAbout; or
(c) to identify or imply endorsement or otherwise of products or services to which they do not relate.
7. No advice
- 7.1 CareAbout does not offer health, financial, investment or other advice. Nothing on this Website constitutes health, financial, investment or other advice by us in relation to any product or service. The Care Report provided by CareAbout on this Website is for informational purposes only and CareAbout does not guarantee the accuracy of information contained within. This Care Report does not constitute advice and is not a substitute for seeking professional advice.
- 7.2 You acknowledge that you are using this Website and the products and services offered on this Website voluntarily. Before acting on the information and guidance provided by CareAbout, you should evaluate your own individual needs, objectives and situation and which products are suitable for you, and if necessary seek independent health, financial, investment or other professional advice. The products and services offered on this Website may not be suitable or appropriate in all circumstances.
- 7.3 Your reliance on any health, financial or other advice provided by a third party provider is solely a matter between you and the third party. CareAbout disclaims any liability for any advice that may be provided by a third party provider that is relied on by you and as between CareAbout and you, you assume full responsibility for all associated risks. Third party providers are independent providers and are not employed or retained by CareAbout.
- 7.4 This Website is intended to be used for comparison and research purposes, but CareAbout is not able to bind any third party provider or ensure that any third party provider sells any product or service to you. Accordingly, nothing on this Website amounts to an offer by us or any third party provider to sell any product or service to you or enter into any contract with you.
8. Your consumer rights
9. Exclusions of liability
- 9.1 This clause 9 is subject to Your Consumer Rights, set out in clause 8 above.
- 9.2 You acknowledge that the Website is a technological platform which operates as an intermediary for the purchase of third party products and services. CareAbout does not provide the products or services itself, but refers you to third party providers. Any information provided by CareAbout on this Website or otherwise is information of a general nature. CareAbout is not an aged care provider, health advisor or financial advisor. CareAbout does not provide aged care, health care, medical advice, medical diagnoses, health information or financial advice. You should always seek specialist advice from a medical professional before making any decisions about your health.
- 9.3 This Website, content and services are supplied to you on a strictly “as is” basis and we make no warranties, express or implied, regarding their satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, reliability, timeliness, accuracy, completeness, security or that they are free from error.
- 9.4 We try to ensure that the information displayed on this Website is accurate, however your access to this Website and any action you carry out on the basis of information you obtain from this Website is carried out entirely at your own risk and we accept no liability for any losses that you may suffer as a result.
- 9.5 We do not give any warranty that the Website is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology. Whilst we take reasonable steps to protect the integrity of this Website, the Internet is an inherently insecure communication platform and, as such, CareAbout does not guarantee the security or accuracy of this Website. Your access to and use of this Website is solely at your own risk.
- 9.7 We are not, and will not be, liable for any loss of use, profits or data or any indirect, special or consequential damages or losses, whether such losses or damages arise in contract, negligence or tort, or otherwise in relation to:
(a) your use of, reliance upon or inability to use this Website or content;
(b) your use of, reliance upon or inability to use information and guidance provided by CareAbout;
(c) the deletion with or without notice or cause of any of your data or information stored on this Website;
(d) any loss of your content or communications resulting from delays, non-deliveries, missed deliveries, service interruptions or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of this Website at any time;
(e) the removal from this Website of any content or communications sent or posted by you on or via this Website;
(f) any circumstance that is outside of our reasonable control; and
(g) any loss or damage that is not directly caused by us or which we could not reasonably expect at the time we entered into our agreement with you.
- 11.1 We have a number of links on this Website. These may take you to other websites. The purpose of these links is to provide you with easy access to further information you may need in making your purchase decision. In no circumstances do we make representations about the accuracy of any information contained on any other websites. The inclusion of such links does not imply or constitute our endorsement of, or acceptance of responsibility for, information contained at such linked websites. We exclude all liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you incur in accessing or attempting to access a third party site.
13. Governing law
Updated 10th August 2017